Skinning is NOW OPEN!
The early bird gets the powder turn…or so the saying goes.
If you’re up for morning solitude and a good workout before the day really gets going, Terry Peak is happy to provide its season pass holders with the opportunity to enjoy our slopes even before the lifts start running.
Three routes are provided daily for skinning from sunrise until 9 AM. Skinning is permitted on Little Hope on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10 AM until 3 PM (inquire with Ski Patrol regarding any additional availability on days when the Gold Express lift is not operating).
Skinning at Terry Peak is permitted provided the following guidelines are adhered to:
1. Must carry valid season pass, show pass upon request, and sign in at bottom of Kussy Express for Routes 1 through 3. For Route 4, inquire with Ski Patrol for availability and hours.
2. Sign in must include:
• Full name
• Season Pass number
• Cell Phone number
• Emergency contact w/ phone number
• Which route(s) you are taking
3. You must go up and then down the same route. The Kussy run cannot be used to travel between uphill and downhill routes.
4. Skinning is only to happen after sunrise before operating hours – NOT AFTER 9:00 AM
5. If you have not reached the top of the hill by 9:00 AM, you must turn around.
6. You must carry a cell phone and have it on audible.
7. Do not stray from designated routes. This applies to ascent and descent before 9:00 AM. If found anywhere on non-designated routes before 9:00 AM, you will be considered OUT OF BOUNDS and privileges will be revoked.
8. Please follow designated uphill routes closely (pay attention to which side of the run) so we can keep snowmobile traffic out of your way.
9. Must sign out by 9:15 AM at bottom of Kussy Express.
10. If you’re not signed back out by 9:15 AM, we will call you. If no answer, we will come looking for you. If it comes to this point, you may lose your privileges.
Have fun and be safe. If you have any questions, call 605-584-2165 Ext. 251.
4 Designated Skinning Routes:
Route #1~ Empress Route: Starting at Nevada Gulch Lodge, up skier’s right across the bottom of Kussy, through skier’s right of the Terry Cut Across, and up skier’s left of Empress to top of Coeur Wharf Express lift #2. Descend on Empress to Terry Cut Across and back to the bottom of Kussy Express.
Route #2 ~Homestake Route: Starting at Nevada Gulch Lodge, up skier’s right across the bottom of Kussy, through skier’s right of the Terry Cut Across, and proceed up Homestake skier’s left to top of Homestake. Descend on Homestake to Terry Cut Across and back to the bottom of Kussy Express.
Route #3 ~Hobo Queen Route: Starting at Nevada Gulch Lodge, up skier’s right across the bottom of Kussy, through skier’s right of the Terry Cut Across, up skier’s left of Hobo Queen to the top of Hobo Queen. Descend on Hobo Queen to Terry Cut Across and back to the bottom of Kussy Express.
** Warning: Snowmobile and groomer traffic can be anywhere on the mountain at any time. Beware of snowcats and snowmobiles.