The Online Store Is NOw Open. Purchase your lessons beginning one (1) week prior to the date of your arrival.
Terry Peak ski resort offers skiing lessons for four and five-year-olds – an age group we call our “Sno Puppies.”
Online reservations will guarantee your lesson space. Online lessons can be booked seven (7) days prior to the arrival date. Walk-ins are based on availability only!
For your convenience, you can purchase lesson packages lift tickets & rentals for your entire group online.
For more information, complete our contact us form or call 605-584-2165.
Sno Puppies Lesson Options and Rates
|Single Session Sno Puppie||$99||Includes One 2-Hour Indoor/Outdoor Play Session, Equipment Rental with Helmet, and a Lift Ticket (equipment & ticket good for the day). Walk-ins welcome, based on availiblity.|
- Once the lesson is over, children need to be picked up promptly at 12:00 or 3:00.
- Late arrivals will not be allowed to join the lesson group once it has started.
- NO REFUNDS for late arrivals or no-shows.
- The Sno Puppie program is for skiers only.
- Helmets are complimentary for the duration of the day. Visit Lids On Kids.
- The package includes a two-hour indoor/outdoor play session, equipment, and a lift ticket.
- All Sno Puppies must be completely potty trained.
- All lessons & registration begins at Puppy Building/Stewart Lodge Base Area.
- Please be prompt with picking up your child. Parents 15 minutes late or more will be assessed $10 for every 15 minutes past the pick-up time.
- Please arrive at least one hour before your lesson time as equipment fitting, registration, potty breaks, upset kids, etc., can take a bit of time. On weekends and holidays, we suggest you arrive at least two (2) hours early to ensure your placement.
- Children age 3 aren’t old enough to join this program, but we will gladly teach them in a private ski lesson. However, they need to be potty trained. Private lessons are not offered to children two years old or less.
- Ensure your child is dressed properly for the weather conditions (an extra set of clothes is recommended).
- Be sure your child is well nourished and hydrated before the lesson.
- The Sno Puppies program is for 4 & 5-year-olds ONLY – prepare older & younger siblings that they may not be together during the lesson to eliminate problems at the area.
- Teach yourself and your child how to load and unload the lifts safely prior to your visit. Go to www.kidsonlifts.org
Reserve Your Spot
Online reservations will guarantee your lesson space. Walk-ins are based on availability only!
Afternoon Sessions available Thursday - Sunday
Morning and Afternoon Sessions available every day during Christmas Break.
9:00 – 10:00: Check-in for the morning session, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
10:00 – 12:00: Morning Session
12:00 – Sharp: Parents pick up students at the Ski School area or where you dropped them off.
12:00 – 1:00: Check-in for the morning session, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm.
1:00 – 3:00: Afternoon Session
3:00 – Sharp: Parents pick up students at the Ski School area or where you dropped them off.
What You Can Expect
Able to stop with some assistance in the snow carpet area.
Able to stop and control speed on the easiest terrain. Link turns and stop with control on most GREEN runs.
Link turns and stop with control on most GREEN runs.
Link wedge turns on the easiest terrain.
Able to stop and turn on most GREEN runs.
* Ask about the Strider Riders available to the Sno Puppies and their families!